I once had a philosophical friend who I miss dearly, one day she just disappeared. I believe the Diet Cokes she consumed daily (but assured us it wasn’t an addiction because she knew it was a problem) did her in. Aspartame poisoning? I couldn’t tell you, but that would have been one of her theories.
In her honour here are three of my favourite theories she’s presented:
- Space is not real, all evidence could be faked. Why would people go there?
- Although made from the same ingredients Chicken Nuggets, Chicken Tenders and any manufactured chicken products taste will vary depending on the shape of the product.
- Dinosaurs were not real either.
I don’t know where you are, but I’m sure you’ve got many more theories to share with this world - impart your knowledge with pride and giggle to yourself knowing you've probably just changed the direction of someones day.
Diet Coke facts:
• First released in 1982 it was the second ever product to bear the Coca-Cola name.
• Diet Coke was not based on the original Coke recipe but another sugar-free soft drink from the company, Tab.
• Controversial New Coke was based on a modified Diet Coke recipe but contained high fructose corn syrup (as is common with US soft drinks)